Tuesday, December 9, 2008

a dreary, soggy day...

Today has been a dreary, soggy day in our little part of the world. As I sit & type this, the rain has been pouring down for over an hour. The forecast is calling for temperatures to start steadily dropping into the evening, so tomorrow's commute to work & school ought to prove interesting.

I've been busy trying to get some things accomplished today. I helped my folk's prep their living room to make room for their Christmas tree & drug the big tub that contained it up from their basement. That felt great on my shoulder that I hurt yesterday morning when I was taking our dog outside. Our back steps were icy & treacherous.. but I held on tight to the hand-rail and was fine. It was once I placed my foot on the sloping driveway that I was up-ended! It happened really fast & all of a sudden I was on my right hip with my arm sorta twisted under me. ;) (no, Grace isn't my middle name!).

Anywho.. back to the holiday prep at my folks house! My ladybug "helped" me put the tree up for them. I already told my little brother than he "gets" to put the lights on it. Lights are not me favorite part of the decorating process anyway & with my arm/shoulder aching.. it would be very not fun. Hopefully we'll get the ornaments on it in the next few days, too. My older brother is coming to town for early Christmas festivities this coming Monday.. so we've got to get busy making my folk's house look Christmas-y! :)

I was also successful in getting my folk's Christmas letter all copied for them. I had typed it for them the other day & they had given me some pretty paper to run it on. Several months ago, I scored a xerox copier & cabinet for FREE from a friend of a friend, so I told them I would just run them this year. They usually get their letter all ready & then take their paper to a local printer to have them run them on the paper they purchased seperately... I told them that I would take care of it at our house this year--and hey! I'm only charging them a nominal fee! ;) Just kidding! They do so very much for us, it's the least that I could do for them.

Well.. I better close my post & get my fireflies & ladybug all ready to go to dinner for our youngest firefly's birthday this evening. He's been super excited about it all day long. :)

2 comments:

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

Well, sounds like you are putting some cheer in your soggy day, I so want to start decorating!

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

Happy New Year and I hope you had a lovely Christmas dear R. God bless you and your family. Take care adn thank you for being my friend this year and being so loving and encouraging, I have really appreciated it.
hugs,
Kristen