Monday, August 4, 2008

It's HOT in Topeka!! ;)

The title is a line stolen from one of the fireflies' favorite cartoons "Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends" on Cartoon Network. Well.. it may well be hot in Topeka today, too.. but it's certainly HOT here today!! The temperature in the metro St. Louis area is currently 98*--factor in 54% humidity & you've got a heat index of a sweltering 116*!!

My oldest firefly had a blast at his first day of Music Day Camp today. He is excited about going back tomorrow. :) There are about 50 kids, grades K to 6th who are participating in the camp this week.

Today has been fairly productive so far.. clearing clutter & getting a little more organized before school starts on Wednesday the 20th(not that I'm counting the days or anything!). ;)

I've got lots going on between then & now though.. Ladybug goes to see the pediatrician for her 15 month exam on Wednesday; Play Pals with her on Thursday; Music Day Camp for the biggest firefly every morning this week; Fee payment day for the oldest firefly on Thursday; Friday night my husband & I are hosting a Kid's Ministry Movie Night at church.. we're showing the "Muppet Movie"(I'll be baking several dozen cookies & brownies for that, too); Saturday there is a 10 & 25cent used book sale at the library; farewell potluck for friends at church on Sunday; BUNCO on Monday night!! and I am sure that I am forgetting some other big thing that is on my agenda, too. I am tired just thinking about all of it!

I suppose I should heed laundry's beckoning & go downstairs to switch it over again. We are going to take the fireflies & our ladybug over to my folk's house this evening & let them swim for a while. It's so.. hot this afternoon, but I had to be home for the Dish Network dudes to come and install a brand new dish--the one that we had was 9 1/2 years old.. they had never upgraded our dish & we have apparently not been getting all the channels that we've been paying for. Hey.. it was free! :)(always music to my ears!). The kiddos will enjoy the swim time this evening just as much though! :)

Ok.. back to work for me!

1 comment:

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

Hey there lovely lady! Wow, your schedule makes me tired every time I visit here. You guys have a lot going on.
Hope you get a nice cooling breeze this evening,
take care and God bless,
Kristen