Thursday, June 12, 2008

Baby Steps

So... here it is, my very first post on my very own blog. I've only been tossing the idea of writing my thoughts in the form of regular blog posts for at least two years now. My husband has been encouraging me to start a blog for a long time, too.  

I have written down my thoughts & feelings through  hand-written journals since I was in fourth grade, so that part is not a foreign idea to me.   My fear has always been that I am not really interesting enough for folks to want to read my blog on a regular basis. Or.. and this is the biggest reason... that perhaps something(s) that I would share through this sort of format will be hurtful in some way to someone in my family &/or my circle of friends.

So, with all of that said, I start my journey into blogland! I would love for you to join me as I take baby steps and start to tear down some thick walls that I have built up around myself for many years and I open up to the rest of the world with my thoughts & perspectives.

My little girl just turned one and is learning how to walk, so I have decided that we will take our first awkward steps into this big new world together.  My husband has had a blog for several years--although he doesn't post anything as regularly as he used to... hint, hint! And.. my 9 year old son has had his own blog for over a year now, too.  My middle son is just 4 1/2 years old, but I am sure that he will be getting set up with his own blog as soon as he learns to read, too.  So, I suppose it's about time that I join the rest of the family on this adventure.

No comments: