Thursday, June 26, 2008

ladybug wrestling .. round #2

Last night was round #2 for me & my little ladybug.  She had been perfect at bedtime & went to sleep with no issues at all.. or so we thought!

At 20 minutes til 2am this morning she awakened with a dirty diaper & bad diaper rash(all my kiddos have had horrible diaper rash whenever they were cutting teeth).  My husband seemed to be sound asleep (of course.. he probably wasn't pretending given that sleep is his super power.. as he is quick to admit), so I got up to take care of her.  After a diaper change & heavy application of medicated cream, she seemed like she might just snuggle into my arms and go right back to sleep.  Well.. my hopes quickly faded on that front when she saw our dog & cat in her doorway--they had come to see what all the fussing was about.  Ladybug LOVES critters & she proceeded to talk to them, wave at them, clap for them & blow them kisses. :)  

While it was sweet to watch her spreading her little social wings with some of the four-legged members of our family... please keep in mind that it was 2 o'clock in the morning & I had to be up early to get my oldest firefly ready for a field trip his summer science camp was taking to the St. Louis Science Center today.

So.. I woke up my husband to let him know that I was taking ladybug (& my pillow) downstairs to the family room to get her to settle down(I hoped!) and go to sleep with me in the recliner.  I didn't keep track of what time it was when she finally fell soundly asleep on my chest, but I felt like I didn't get much more than an hour & a half of actual sleep last night.  

I am praying that she will sleep soundly tonight & that the fireflies will sleep-in tomorrow morning, too.  We don't have to be anywhere tomorrow & my husband will be driving our vehicle to work.  It is inconvenient to only have one vehicle, but we are blessed to have my folks living very near us, as well as my Aunt, too. They are great to help with transportation & free babysitting(on the rare chance that there is "extra" money to go on a "date" with my husband).

If the weather holds out(and attitudes  of the fireflies!)..  the fireflies, little ladybug & I will probably go to my folk's house to play in their swimming pool.  I told the fireflies that they might still get to play even if it rains.. as long as there isn't any lightening.  I mean, hey, they're gonna get wet anyway! ;)  

No comments: